2016 FNB Business Excellence Awards
Johannesburg, 25 November, 2016 – On Thursday 24th of November, the winners of the 2016 FNB Business Excellence Awards were announced at a gala dinner held at The Wanderer’s Club in Illovo, Johannesburg
Now in its 17th year the annual ceremony was presented by the Embassy of Italy and Italian-South African Chamber of Trade and Industries.
The celebrations awarded and recognised the Italian South-African business community’s contribution to the economic growth of the country. This year laudable businessmen were considered for their business and commercial achievements.
The event was attended by an esteemed list of dignitaries, some included the Ambassador of Italy in South Africa Pietro Giovanni Donnici, the Italian Consul General in Johannesburg Marco Petacco, the President of the Italian-South African Chamber of Trade and Industries, Antonio Cimato, the CEO of FNB Business, Michael Vacy-Lyle and the Italian Trade Commissioner Marco Pintus.
Speaking at the awards, Cimato stated that he encouraged the continuation of the legacy of this programme outlining his hopes for the Chamber to grow in strength and numbers. He thanked all sponsors for their support and expressed his sincere gratitude to the staff of the Chamber, all the Directors and members of the Chamber.
The winners of the 2016 FNB Business Excellence Awards are:
- 2016 Business Person of the year: Antonio Di Loreto
- 2016 Business Enterprise of the year: Ansaldo Energia - Fata
- 2016 Lifetime Recognition Award: Mathew Giuricich
- 2016 Chairperson’s Excellence Award: Gianni Ravazzotti
“We are delighted to once again recognise the contribution of Italian-South African businesses to the South African economy. 2016 has been a challenging year for the local economy so we are pleased to see that these businesses were able to thrive in the midst of a tough operating environment. Congratulations to all the winners and may they continue to flourish in their respective fields,” added Michael Vacy-Lyle, CEO of FNB Business.
Guests were entertained by baritone singer, songwriter and producer Patrizio Buanne. This highly acclaimed artist was born in Vienna, Austria to Neapolitan parents from the city of Naples, Italy. He began his career at a very tender of eleven and performed internationally to sold-out theatres and concert venues. Buanne has successfully released several albums and has recorded songs in English, Italian, Spanish, French, German, Polish, Afrikaans, Japanese and Chinese
Once again the event was used as a way to give back to the less fortunate. Little Eden, a home for people with mental challenges benefited through the sale of raffle tickets. Over the years the Italian South African Chamber of Comnmerce has collected over a million rands for Little Eden. In addition, on 24th of November Tony Cimato gave Little Eden a check for R 130.000.
The winners of the raffle and the relevant prizes were:
- First prize: 2 Maserati Watches (a his and hers) valued at R 35 000 won by 0306 Mr Norberto Lusi (donate to Little Eden)
- Second prize: Italtile Voucher valued at R 30 000 won by 0276 Mr Luigi and Ms Lucy Slaviero
- Third prize: a SMEG Raffle Prize, valued at R17 000 won by 0210 Mr Jason Mannix
- Fourth prize: Weekend away for 6 at Dinkweng Safari Camp valued at R 11 940 won by 0893 Mr Antonio Indiveri
- Fifth prize: One night Bed & Breakfast at the Hotel Southern Sun Hyde Park, plus a R 600 Luce Restaurant voucher won by 0043 Mr Vaughn Durant
- Sixth prize: Loison Magnum Panettone valued at R 2500 won by 0744 Ms Sharnie Coetzee.